April 19th 2017
- 18:30 – Turn up, have a drink, a snack, and a chat (pizza, beer, coffee, soft drinks)
- 19:00 – “Flashtalking driving Ad Technology using PHP” - Duren Dexter
- 19:35 – Mid session interval
- 19:40 – “CouchDB: Scalable NoSQL For Modern Applications” - Lorna Mitchell
- 20:30ish – Pop over the road to Headrow House pub (a drink or two provided)
Tickets available on Meetup. Please sign up so we know how much pizza to buy.
April’s event is at Futurelabs.
There will be some bottles of beer, coffee, soft drinks, and pizza provided. This is our fourth month at Futurelabs in an attempt to open the event up to a wider audience who may not be comfortable meeting in a pub; So, please, if you know anyone who might be interested in attending who previously didn’t want to, let them know. We want to be accessible for all.
Flashtalking driving Ad Technology using PHP - Duren Dexter
Find out how Flashtalking uses PHP to build, serve and measure over 1 billion adverts a day.
Duren Dexter, MD of technology for Flashtalking, started his career in tech working on satellite systems while in the US Air Force as well as at MIT. He has since travelled the globe working in senior technology roles in sports betting (Betfair- Global, Skybet International) & now advertising technology with Flashtalking.
Duren Dexter on Twitter: @dexvondexter
CouchDB: Scalable NoSQL For Modern Applications - Lorna Mitchell
Lorna is a Developer Advocate for IBM Cloud Data Services, technology addict and incurable blogger.
Lorna Mitchell on Twitter: @lornajane
Our sponsors make this monthly event possible, so please take the time to check them out, and thank them for their support.
- Futurelabs – Are a not-for-profit formed to help provide a focal point for tech start-up and scale-up businesses in and around Leeds. Futurelabs offer hot desking, fixed desk space or larger office spaces for tech businesses at very reasonable prices.
- Quidco/Maple Syrup Media – Maple Syrup Media built its reputation as cashback pioneers with Quidco. They’ve since consolidated their credentials in the UK with grocery and travel specific ventures, CheckoutSmart and EarnAway. Their teams are based in London, Sheffield, Berlin, Paris and Durban – check out their careers page
- Sky Betting & Gaming – A tech company born out of Sky, and are aiming to be the UK’s best digital business. 1000+ colleagues, developing some of the country’s biggest brands in online betting and gaming. Their careers page provides great detail as to the working environment and range of work available across the technology stack.
- Inviqa – With offices in Leeds and across the UK and Europe Inviqa helps pioneering brands and organisations to engage, convert and retain their customers through digital innovation. If you’re looking for a developer role have a look at their careers page.
Signup on Meetup to be alerted of the next event